March 16, 2011

Hello?


The other night, I sat down, planning to write a blog post, and found myself spending the next two hours downloading free fonts instead. I know … fonts.  Life:  I need to get me one!

Lately I can’t seem to find an interesting thought in my head, which instead has been filled with petty concerns and, uh, blankness. Everything seems to be firing a little more slowly.
In the meantime, I thought I’d share a few fascinating distractions I’ve found while poking around the nooks and crannies of the internets:  

Phobialist.com. I’m not sure how I feel about the idea of an site devoted entirely to neuroses, but some might comfort in knowing there's a name for their fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of their mouth  (arachibutyrophobia). What’s yours?

TheBoredNinja.com, a compilation of all kinds of interesting stuff. Check out this video of The Most Polite Robbery Ever, or learn how to do Face Yoga.

Engrish.com, courtesy of my sister. If this site doesn’t make you laugh, I’m not sure we can be friends.

Damnyouautocorrect.com makes me want to text badly on purpose, just to see what happens. This had me actually crying with laughter one night. One of my faves: the one where "I've got a bad case of the Mondays" gets corrected to "I've got a bad case of the manboobs."

Another hotbed of negativity, but aren’t you a little curious about what your home state is known for being worst at? Check out the United States of Shame. (Cocaine use, Colorado? Really? We seem so laid back.)

This VH1.com feature on Basset Hounds Running on the Beach is just ... well, there really are no words. 

And lastly, my favorite, from a Facebook friend:




No comments:

Post a Comment