May 16, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

So there sure was a big kerfuffle about Blogger being down this week. It apparently deleted a whole bunch of  people's posts and photos and a lot of bloggers were Super Pissed at having lost a lot of work.

That didn't happen to me, though, because I haven't blogged in, uh, about three weeks. Work, it is kicking my ass, and combined with my son's apparent rise to the professional soccer circuit (three practices per week plus a full weekend day requiring a two-hour drive away from the snow), I'm burned. Out. By the time I have a few spare minutes to myself at night all I want to do is cuddle up with Glee, a spoon, and a pint of this:


frozen crack

But I miss writing for fun. I miss thinking about fun things. Work is scheduled to calm down around mid-June, though, and I should have some more time. Summer is coming! And with summer comes running season! I'm equal parts excited and nervous. I haven't been running much at all this winter, and I recently signed up for a local trail running series - six races over the course of the summer. I've done several of the courses over the last two years, but this is the first year I've committed to doing all six. And you guys, I am not in running shape! I've been cross training all winter (is it still cross training if you don't do anything else?), but have only logged in a handful of miles over the past few weeks. Still, though, my legs feel strong, and I am so looking forward to being out on the trails. And getting my ass handed to me on the first steep hill will be ... good for my character. And my ass. Right? Right.

I will leave you tonight with a few mostly non-work related highlights from the past few weeks:

family ski day on Jacob's 9th bday




a pretty sea of clouds from the airplane window



 
dessert tasting at the caterer's (this was work, but not the kind I complain about)


fresh flowers

fresh haircut - and don't try to tell me YOU don't take cheesy self-portraits in the car, too

sign in local grocery store. there were a bazillion other things in this aisle, but I loved that incontinence got top billing


I also got a big mole removed from my back, but I don't have a photo of that. Sorry.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment